Travel Tour Destinations in Uganda
Uganda is a member state of the East African community. Though landlocked, Uganda has some captivating tour destinations such as Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley and Murchison Falls National Parks respectively as well as unique wildlife like the Mountain Gorillas. Mountain Gorillas are a chief tourist attraction drawing multitudes of tourist for far and wide to tour Uganda.
Mgahinga and Bwindi National Parks are the homes of more than half of the world's population of the critically endangered Mountain Gorilla that number about 300 individuals. At tourtravelafrica.com our tour safaris in Uganda will take you on an adventure tour to encounter the Mountain Gorillas in their natural habitat. On our African tour safaris you will get to know more about Uganda’s tour destinations that teem with incredible wildlife and birds.
Tour destinations in Uganda are grounds for interesting tourist activities like wildlife tours in numerous parks and game reserves, bird watching tours where Uganda is among the best bird watching tour destination in East Africa, white water rafting on the River Nile, mountain climbing at the Ruwenzori and Mt. Elgon National Parks, walking and trekking safaris among others.
Uganda is located in the great lakes basin and is adjacent to Lake Victoria – Africa’s largest fresh water lake and the source of River Nile-the world’s longest river. Besides Lake Victoria, there other lakes such as Lake Kyoga, Lake Albert, and Lake Edward which offer excellent activities such as bird-watching tours, fishing, boat rides.
Top Tour Destinations in Uganda
- Bwindi Forest National Park - it’s the perfect tour destination for mountain gorilla trekking tours in Uganda. Mountains gorillas are a major tourist attraction in Uganda, and it’s a lifelong dream for many visitors to see the gorillas.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park – is well known because of the great diversity & huge population of wildlife and bird species. Major tourist attractions include; chimpanzees tracking and the famous tree climbing lions in Ishasha.
- Murchison Falls National Park – a great tour destination in Uganda for game drives, and bird-watching tours. The park can be explored by vehicle, or boat rides.
- Kidepo Valley National Park – it’s a remote wilderness, home to a variety of wildlife including the tree-climbing lions. The park offers exceptional game watching tours as well as bird-watching.
- Kibale National Park – is the best destination for chimpanzees trekking tours in Uganda. There are over 300 bird species as well as other large mammals including elephants, leopards, and bufffalos.
Uganda is gifted with a gorgeous climate and can be visited throughout the year. However, the dry(ish) period between December and end of February is the best time to visit the country. On the other hand, those looking to hike in the Ruwenzori mountains should consider scheduling their Uganda tour safari in January or February, or between mid-June and August.
Tour Packages in Uganda
If you’re considering an Africa tour vacation for the whole family, look no further than Uganda with affordable tour packages visiting premier tourist destinations in East Africa. Explore awe inspiring gifts of nature across Uganda diverse landscapes with tourtravelafrica.com varied tour packages. Tourists looking to tour Uganda are presented with an array of options, since there are seemingly endless tourist destinations in Uganda that they can visit. Wildlife is chief among the top tourist attractions, as such many tourist visit Tanzania for her abundance and diversity of wildlife. We have numerous tour packages that mainly focus on wildlife tours to top tourist destinations with the best national parks & game reserves in Uganda.
TourTravelAfrica.com also offers numerous Uganda tour packages that take tourist to some of the best beaches destinations in Africa along the Indian Ocean. Our tour packages are crafted by our travel specialist with you in mind.
Uganda Combined Tour Destinations
At TourTravelAfrica.com, we can organize combined Africa tour safaris to neighbouring tour destinations in East Africa such as Rwanda, Kenya, & Tanzania. By combining Uganda tour destinations with those of neighboring tour destinations you will be rewarded with different experiences.